Fighting for the rights of disabled people
TRE Legal Practice is a civil rights law firm focusing on the rights of the blind and other disabled people to access employment, education, government programs, public accommodations, accessible technology and all other aspects of society.
Mr. Elder is a civil rights litigator focusing on disability discrimination cases. He has helped secure injunctions against testing entities, negotiated groundbreaking settlements, tried employment discrimination claims, and argued before federal trial and appellate courts.
The Americans with Disabilities Act is “powerful in its simplicity. It will ensure that people with disabilities are given the basic guarantees for which they have worked so long and so hard: independence, freedom of choice, control of their lives, the opportunity to blend fully and equally into the rich mosaic of the American mainstream.”
— President George H.W. Bush, July 26, 1990
News & Events
- Innovative fraud whistleblower suit in website case produces multimillion-dollar damages settlement and remediation plan
- Blind Leader Wins $2 Million Settlement Over Inaccessible California Parks Website
- William Goren discusses the appellate decision in Orozco v. Garland
- Ensuring the Accessibility of California’s Online Examinations
- William Goren discusses Martinez v. County of Alameda
- Innovation & Accessibility at West Valley College
- Update for Uber Riders Accompanied by Service Animals
- CSUN 2020 Update: Digital Accessibility Legal Update Canceled
- Crucial Decision Validates Fraud Whistleblower Suit