Fighting for the rights of disabled people
TRE Legal Practice is a civil rights law firm focusing on the rights of the blind and other disabled people to access employment, education, government programs, public accommodations, accessible technology and all other aspects of society.
Mr. Elder is a civil rights litigator focusing on disability discrimination cases. He has helped secure injunctions against testing entities, negotiated groundbreaking settlements, tried employment discrimination claims, and argued before federal trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Nelson, a former web developer and historian of science, emphasizes legal research and writing to help our clients vindicate their rights.
The Americans with Disabilities Act is “powerful in its simplicity. It will ensure that people with disabilities are given the basic guarantees for which they have worked so long and so hard: independence, freedom of choice, control of their lives, the opportunity to blend fully and equally into the rich mosaic of the American mainstream.”
— President George H.W. Bush, July 26, 1990
News & Events
- Ensuring the Accessibility of California’s Online Examinations
- Innovation & Accessibility at West Valley College
- Update for Uber Riders Accompanied by Service Animals
- CSUN 2020 Update: Digital Accessibility Legal Update Canceled
- Crucial Decision Validates Fraud Whistleblower Suit
- Dignity Health Agrees to Pay $570,000 for Firing a Blind Food Service Worker
- Bay Area Transit Agencies Agree to Make the RTC Clipper Card and Disability Verification Process More Accessible to Disabled Riders
- Fraud Whistleblower Seeks Redress for Inaccessible Public Website that Cost California $66 Million
- Blind health plan members must have equal access to transportation benefits